Wednesday, February 09, 2005

40 days of herbal

So today is the first day of Lent. Forty days of sacrificing something in one's life to experience lack. According to www.kencollins.com/holy-04, "by observing the forty days of Lent, the individual Christian imitates Jesus’ withdrawal into the wilderness for forty days." Do you think Jesus had coffee after those 40 days?

So, according to some people around here, my caffeine intake is rather high. I can't help it that I woke up to a full pot of coffee cooling off in the coffeemaker yesterday, crying out to be consumed by the only person left in the house to drink it! Such things can't be wasted! Ah. I guess they've got a point. So, now that I'm off caffeine, I've taken to herbal tea. I just started my first cup and it's already 4:30 in the afternoon. Not bad, considering this is about the time of day that I drink my third of fourth cup of coffee. I think there are about 20 herbal teabags (strawberry!) sitting around the house here, so that should get me halfway there. After that, I'll have to start boiling down my shampoo. Ah, thank goodness for Herbal Essences.

No comments: