Tuesday, November 07, 2006

starting over.

ontario has yet to fully feel like home. i know i had to come back to figure out if there is something for me here....a potential future. i know i had to cross one more 'what if' off my list of possibilities, and if i choose not to pursue this path then my future will be as blank as a fresh sheet of 28 lb. Hammermill laser paper. that's some print talk for ya. there's so much in this world that can be done, but i find it hard to figure out where to start and how to make it fit my life. three years in BC didn't reveal my future, but they did help me understand myself more than i had known in my 23 years in Ontario. and that i certainly don't regret. but just when i thought i had some things figured out, they end up being the very things that throw everything off balance and [once again] cause me to refocus. this month will be a month of answer-seeking and decision-making. i've been here before...i can do it again. frick. i wish i could take to heart the things i write in this blog.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Matt!
Thanks for sharing! We miss you in BC! I'll be praying for you as you make some decisions
Michelle

jimmy said...

Here's some hope for ya: No matter what you decide, it will always feel wrong and you'll inevitably leave something behind. No matter what path you take, it will lead somewhere you don't expect in a series of twists and turns that make it impossible to turn back. Good thing you're the only one with decisions to make... sucker...

Matthew Kok said...

ha. thanks for the pep talk, coach ;-)

Anonymous said...

Matt,

You don't know me...I got the link to your blog off of the Lifeteams website. I just want to say that your faith inspires me to keep on keepin' on. I too am livin the life of not knowing where you're going or what you're doing...or how God is going to use you. He has opportunities around every corner...unfortunately the in-between time getting to them is nearly deadly. haha.

Anyway, the reason I was checking out your blog was that I stumbled across the Lifeteams website and it strikes me as something that I would love to do. And I was wondering if I could talk to you about your experiences with the program.

Give me a shout if you have time. sandra.gair@gmail.com

God bless,
~Sandra

Psalm40